· 12 crimini mushrooms
· 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 1 tablespoon marsala wine, optional
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· ¼ lb. Italian pork sausage
· 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon DCD Sweet ‘N’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
· 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
· 2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, minced
· 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Clean and stem mushrooms. Finely chop stems and reserve. Place caps into a medium bowl, and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, marsala if desired, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown, crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook sausage for about 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until completely browned on all sides.
3. Add mushroom stems and garlic, cooking and stirring for another 2 minutes, being careful not to burn garlic. Turnoff heat and add Cocoa Rub, tossing to combine. Pour mixture into a medium bowl and add cream cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs, mixing until well combined.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange mushroom caps on foil in a single layer. Fill each cap
generously with sausage mixture. Baking for 20-25 minutes, until stuffing is brown and crispy. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then serve.