1 box large pasta shells, cooked, rinsed and cooled
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
1 – 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup basil, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1 jar DCD Cocoa Roma Pasta Sauce
- Prepare shells according to directions. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook onions in olive oil until slightly softened. Add Italian sausage and cook until brown throughout.
- Remove from heat, drain oil and allow to cool.
- Combine cooked sausage, ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, chopped basil, eggs, salt and pepper, then mix thoroughly.
- Gently open each shell nad spoon 2 tbsp. filling into each shell and close to seal.
- Pour Cocoa Roma Pasta Sauce over all of the shells and spread remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or unti cheese is melted and bubbly and interior temperature reaches 165°F.
Categories: View All