10 cups cubed bread (14-oz loaf of good French or Challah recommended, cut into ½ inch cubes)
10 egg yolks
½ cup granulated sugar
3 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
3 cups heavy cream
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 cup DCD Bark of choice, cut into small ½ inch chunks (we used Dark Chocolate Cherry Almond)
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread bread cubes on sheet tray(s) in a single layer and bake until just dry – about 15 minutes. Cool cubes for 10 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, cream and milk together in a large mixing bowl. Add all but one cup of cooled bread cubes into the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer soaked cubes into a 13×9 baking dish and poke DCD Bark chunks into bread mixture in an even distribution. Let stand for 15 minutes for cubes to complete soaking process. Occasionally press cubes down with a spoon to ensure all pieces are soaked.
- Toss the one cup of remaining bread cubes with the melted butter and scatter on top of the soaked cubes; sprinkled brown sugar on top of everything.
- Bake for 45 minutes and enjoy!
- Serve with diced seasonal fruit to add a fresh burst of flavor!
- Drizzle with our dessert sauces to make for an extra decedent treat!