Serving Size: 12 servings
12 Chocolate Cupcakes (recipe on Dark Chocolate Baking Mix)
Buttercream Frosting (see recipe on back of mix)
M&M’s® Milk Chocolate Candies to use as eyes
- Bake cupcakes per instructions on mix; let cool to room temperature.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make Buttercream Frosting per instructions on package.
- Once cupcakes are cool, fit a piping bag with a piping tip (#44 or #46 tip works best since they pipe out flat ribbons).
- Fill piping bag with buttercream frosting and pipe ribbons across cupcake to resemble the bandages of a mummy; make sure to leave just enough space open to insert two M&M’s for eyes.
- Add a small pinch of cocoa powder to the frosting to create the color of “aged bandages”!
- Take 1 Tablespoon of buttercream frosting and add a few drops of red food color so that it resembles “blood”. Pipe around eyes to make them look bloodshot!
- Cut a Pure Dark Round in half to make a half moon; use to form a smile on your cupcake!